During the First World War, No. 46 Squadron claimed 184 air victories, creating 17 aces.
- Donald MacLaren DSO, MC*,DFC:
- Cecil (Chaps) Marchant MC;
- George Thomson, DSO, MC, DFC;
- Harry Robinson, MC, CdG;
- Clive Brewster-Joske, MC;
- Roy McConnell, DFC;
- Maurice D. G. Scott, MC;
- Maurice Freehill, DFC;
- Philip Tudhope, DFC.
- Paul Ward Spencer Bulman, CBE, MC, AFC** FRAeS
Other members of the Squadron during World War I included:
- Victor Yeates, the author of Winged Victory, and;
- Arthur Gould Lee MC, who authored No Parachute and later achieved the rank of later Air Vice Marshal.